Our very neutral spring farmhouse living room is the perfect place to relax this spring by curling up with a good book, or unwinding in front of the fireplace.
When I decided to make some changes to our living room after Christmas, you may have noticed that I went very neutral. I was looking to create a soothing space in which to rest and recharge after a very long winter. Anyone know what that’s like? In keeping with that oh so neutral, nothing jarring color scheme, our very neutral spring farmhouse living room is restful and peaceful.
If you’re coming here from the lovely Rachael’s, welcome! In case we haven’t met yet, I’m Shannon. My husband, Dean and I started Home Made Lovely almost eight years ago to chronicle the DIY projects on a fixer upper we owned at the time. We’ve since sold that home (and another) and are now working on this house. We have hundreds of real decorating ideas, simple DIY projects, yummy recipes and loving encouragement for you.
A Very Neutral Spring Farmhouse Living Room
To be honest, I didn’t add much at all to our living room after its makeover. A little faux greenery here and there and that’s it, really.
It’s actually kind of humorous that that’s all I did. In the past I have gone wayyyyy overboard with loads and loads of decor. Sort of like I do at Christmas, but with Spring things.
Maybe I really wanted simple…maybe I just didn’t have any creative juice left after winter. I’ll never tell! 😉
For more even more beautiful Spring homes, visit my blog friends below.
And sharing the rest of the week…
Very Neutral Spring Farmhouse Living Room Source List
- Couch/Sectional – Ikea Ektorp, shown here with the Nordvalla Beige Cover
- Armchairs – available here
- Balustrade Coffee Table – DIY here
- Knit Poufs – available here
- White Dresser – second hand, painted here
- Glass Door Bookcase – available here (often out of stock though)
- Jute Rug – available here
- Shag Trellis Rug – available here for our U.S. friends, and here for our Canadian friends
- Large Lamps – no longer available, Birch Lane
- Tic Tac Toe Game – Pier 1
- Small Side Table – no longer available, Homesav
- Floor Lamp – available here
- Faux Olive Topiaries – out of stock at time of writing here
- DemiJohn Vase – Walmart
- Faux Eucalyptus Sprays – available here for our U.S. friends, and here for our Canadian friends
- Set of Candlesticks – available here for our U.S. friends, and here for our Canadian friends
- Wood Horse Toy – Homesense
- Throw Pillows – see the whole post about those here
- Kraft Paper Scroll – available here