Some years, I like to go all out with the fall decor. This year just happens to be one of them. Come see how we incorporated fall into our home with our neutral fall home tour.
I wish you were here in real life so we could sit down on our big comfy couches and have a coffee together before I showed you around. But alas this is a virtual tour! So, you are welcome to cozy up with a Pumpkin Spice Latte (or my personal favorite a Salted Caramel Mocha), a snuggly blanket and the device of your choosing for our neutral fall home tour.
This tour is part of a series of tours hosted by the lovely Kelly from Kelly Elko (formerly Eclectically Vintage). If you’re joining us from Stone Gable, thank you so much. Wasn’t Yvonne’s home lovely?! I want to give a special shout out to Good Housekeeping for sharing our tours this week as well!
Our Neutral Fall Home Tour Filled with Farmhouse Style on a Budget
For this tour I’m skipping the front porch and haven’t really done too much to the entryway (be sure to come back in a couple of weeks for another fall home tour!). To keep this early fall season simple – because frankly we’ve still got sandals and shorts weather – I’ve only hung a basic wreath and added a little homemade Pumpkin sign to our small front foyer.
Our Living Room
From our entryway, you step directly into our main floor living room. We have a downstairs family room too, but it’s rather a mess as we make the great bedroom switcheroo (we’re moving our son to his new space in the basement). Our living room is where we spend quite a bit of time. It functions as a place to host family and friends, a place we hang out as a family and right now as my office too. (Thus the printers, binders and crates full of craft supplies on the shelves.)
There are a lot of custom pieces that my husband Dean and I have designed and built for this space.
- Restoration Hardware Inspired Shelves
- Pottery Barn Inspired Mantel Shelf
- Brickmaker’s Coffee Table
- Sliding Barn Door and Track
There are also several smaller projects in the living room.
From our living room you can enter our imperfect white kitchen which sits behind both the living and dining rooms.
Our kitchen used to be very dark and dreary. In fact it’s a rather large room, but where you see a breakfast bar now, there used to be nothing but space. It was designed as an eat in kitchen, but that meant the actual kitchen space was TINY! With no storage.
The other room on our main floor is our rustic country farmhouse dining room.
Our Dining Room
Our dining room is well loved and well used. We eat in there of course. But we also homeschool at the table and make crafts too. At least until my office/studio is completed later this year.
There were several projects that went into making up the space.
Now that you’ve visited our home, please go visit my sweet friend Lucy, from Craftberry Bush. She’s the next stop on the tour and I have a feeling you’re going to love her home!
If you’d like to find something from our tour, scroll down to the bottom of this post to see the full source list.
Don’t forget to pin this tour for later:
That’s all for this tour. I hope you found a few inspiration photos to spur on your own fall decorating, or even a project or two you want to try. 🙂
Neutral Fall Home Tour Source List
- Coffee table (DIY)
- Stay Humble Work Hard Sign, William Rae, Etsy
- Cotton Wreath (similar)
- 23 Pillows, originally Homesense (similar here)
- Plaid throw, Ikea
- Large wood arrow, William Rae, Etsy (similar here)
- Faux pumpkins, Michaels
- Mini white pumpkins, Homesense (similar here)
- Stag head, Home Hardware (similar here)
- Large white table lamps, Homesense (similar here)
- Yonge St. framed art, West Elm
- Horse canvas, Homesense (similar here)
- Wood starburst mirror, Target (similar here)
- White electric fireplace, Canadian Tire (similar here)
- Black spotlight table lamp, from a friend
- Black marquee arrow, Homesense (similar here)
- Chevron Wall Art
- Easy French Paint Finished Mirror
- Fall Burlap Banner
- Homespun Moraccan Trellis Rug, Rugs USA
- Chandelier, Home Depot
- White Eiffel style chairs, Kitchen Stuff Plus (similar here)
- Candlesticks, Birch Lane/Wayfair
- Nest art prints, Lucy/Craftberry Bush
- Painted Hutch
- DIY Dining Room Table
- Chalkboard Wall
- Hanging cage light, Target (similar here)
- Milford dinnerware, Birch Lane/Wayfair
- Let me be singing DIY canvas art
- Black stools, Ikea
- Faux crystal chandelier, Homesav (similar here)
- Open shelving (DIY)
- Laminate Floors, Lumber Liquidators
- White subway tile, Home Depot
- White cake stand, Homesense (similar here)
- Round tray, Michaels