Make this salad a meal! Here’s the best homemade Mandarin Chicken Salad you’ll ever make! Plus it uses rotisserie chicken to save you time in the kitchen!
Summer screams salad, am I right? But long gone are the days when it has to be the “traditional” salad of just lettuce and dressing. Why not have a bit of fun and create a salad that is truly unique, delicious and addictive?
With this Mandarin Chicken Salad recipe, you’ll be hooked after just one bite. There’s just something so refreshing about the flavors of the mandarin oranges, almonds, and chicken that leave you craving more. If you love Asian cuisine, this recipe is truly one for you.
Each bite of this chicken salad gives you a totally unique flavor. One bite may be a bit sweet, while the other may have more of a crunch…and before long, your bowl will be empty and you’ll be wondering where the rest of your Mandarin Chicken Salad went!
Rest assured that as simple as this recipe is to make, you’ll have no problems whipping up another Mandarin Chicken Salad for yourself super quick.
Mandarin Chicken Salad
- 1 bunch romaine or red leaf lettuce
- 1 head ice berg lettuce
- 4 green onions chopped
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1 can mandarin oranges drained
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- ½ tsp poppy seeds
- 1-2 cups chopped grilled or rotisserie chicken optional
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup canola oil
- Chop or tear the lettuces into bite size pieces. Wash and dry well.
- Pour the lettuces into a large bowl and toss. Top the salad with the chopped green onions, slivered almonds, mandarin oranges, chow mein noodles, poppy seeds, and chicken (optional).
- Add the dressing ingredients to a medium jar. Cover tightly with a lid and then shake well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad then toss to combine all ingredients.
- Serve immediately.
Go ahead and treat yourself with this delicious salad. You’ll be so happy that you discovered this awesome homemade Mandarin chicken salad recipe, just in time for dinner!