Want a beautiful home on a budget? Let me show ya how to get it in just 3 steps!

Before You Forget, See Our Lovely Farmhouse Fall Mantel!

I’m sure you’re busy rushing around getting ready for all the changes fall brings with it. But before you forget, see our lovely farmhouse fall mantel!

It’s time!!! It’s time for crisp evenings, colorful leaves, apple picking and pumpkin spice lattes. Mmm. Fall. It’s also time to share our lovely farmhouse style fall mantel as part of our Seasons of Home – Autumn Edition – a week of gorgeous fall inspiration from seven talented bloggers whom I’m blessed to call friends. (Scroll to the bottom of this post for the full schedule!)

lovely farmhouse fall mantel pin

Our Lovely Farmhouse Fall Mantel

With all the monotonous family room painting last week (the paneling took one coat of primer plus two coats of paint as did the walls!), it was fabulous to take a break to drag out the fall boxes and decorate our Pottery Barn knockoff Decorative ledge (wall mantel).

Here’s how I decorated our fall mantel this year.

fall mantel with title

Shop the House

I made it my goal not to buy anything new. Not one. single. thing. Not even fresh flowers. Zero dollars out of pocket for this decorating project. Everything was either designated as fall decorations and stored away or it just happened to go with because of shape or size or color.

fall mantel shaker boxes

Our stacking shaker boxes have been around for many years – they are a product we carried briefly when we owned our country decorating online shop. The little fabric pumpkin on top is one of the fabric Cinderella pumpkins we made a couple of years ago.

fall mantel left side 4

The two ceramic pumpkins down in front are just cheap and cheerful bits that I picked up at the grocery store awhile back. The faux branches are from the dollar store…in a Pottery Barn vase I’ve had for a bit. The black candlesticks are just Walmart specials and the scroll frame and rust orange pumpkin are from Michael’s. ‘Cause that’s just how we roll.

fall mantel right side 2

Pull Out the Vintage Hand Me Downs

Dean’s Mom gave us the pages from old hymnals – I LOVE that they are so old and worn. The rag wreath was created two years ago for the Steven & Chris show on CBC (house tour on the show here and rag wreath instructions here).

neutral fall mantel

Rearrange the Furniture Near the Mantel

I did rearrange the furniture – well, Dean may have helped a bit. Maybe.

fall mantel living room chairs

It seems to really balance the living room space to have the love seats opposite each other instead of in an L configuration, which is how they stayed when we plopped them down in the space earlier this summer.

Use Mostly Whites & Neutrals

For the last couple of years I’ve been really drawn to the whites and mellow neutrals of fall. No bright orange here. However I did find some fabulous orange accents for the rest of the house and the fall/Thanksgiving table in particular. Keep your eyes peeled for those in a couple of weeks!

fall mantel

Don’t forget to pin for later:

lovely farmhouse fall mantel pin

Have you started decorating for fall? Do you have a mantel or sideboard that you decorate with the seasons?

PS. If you’re curious, here are our last two fall mantels:

In the meantime, be sure to visit my lovely co-hosts this week for more autumn awesomeness! Here’s the line-up of the Seasons of Home – Autumn Edition:

seasons of home - autumn edition

Related Content

shannon sign off

Comments

• Shannon says

That old coffee table has be remade from a cutesy country one complete with heart cut-outs! So much more “us” now. Thank you so much for sharing on Pinterest. xo, S.

1. Tanya@TakeSix says

I love your burlap fall banner, Shannon. You’ve motivated me to back away the “beachy” and break out the wonderful fall today. Thanks! :0)

2. Nancy says

First time visiting your Blog Shannon and your style is just divine! We are in a new home in WA State from Fla. and your ideas are just what I have been looking for. Thanks so much for sharing!!

Have a Great week!

Huggs, Nancy

3. Jamie @ andersonandgrant.blogspot.com says

Loving your fall mantle this year. The shaker stacking boxes are amazing! Love the colors. Everything is sort of random on the mantle, but goes together perfectly. I actually just included your mantle from last year in a collection of fall ideas on my blog….I may have to feature this one, too!

• Shannon says

Perhaps create seething like we have on last year’s fall mantel (it looks sort of like a fence gate). Make it large enough to sort of hide the big corner and then decorate in front of it.

4. Heather Powers says

I’m new to your blog and have to say, I will be subscribing – I love your style and you have inspired me to do a little fall decorating! The faux mantel is awesome.

A little 🖤 for Home Made Lovely

My aha moment!

I found my style and was able to bring our small space together for our family of 8! My aha moment was when you talked about undertones! That was the moment when I could bring everything together.

Falling in love with our home again

My ah-ha moment was when I realized I was going about things all the wrong way. I loved the house but it didn't feel like home. BUT now because of your course...I am falling in love with our home all over again.

Thank you for your direction and inspiration!

You have been very helpful in just identifying my style and what I like! Thank you for your direction and inspiration!

Dawn G.

Decorating is not as complicated as it once seemed!

I love your easy process to determine my style. I've also learned that my style has changed over the years and seasons of my life and that decorating properly/successfully is NOT as complicated as it once seemed!!!

Lightbulb moment!

Your explanation of paint colors was the light bulb moment for me! I am enjoying your teaching.  Thanks!

Pat J.

Filled me with the confidence I need

Oh Shannon, thank you, thank you thank you!!  I wish I could download you and take you with me, but your Decor Staples Checklist has definitely given me the guidance and filled me with the confidence I need!

Zee V.

Love this idea!

Orbs are such a great decor item to add to a space. Staining the hoops really gives them a vintage feel. Thanks for the inspiration.

Suzanne

I love your instructions!

LMAO!! I love your How Not to Paint Cabinet instructions! It made me laugh with good humor! Kudos for sharing your lessons learned!!

Tom H.

Done with Haphazard Decor!

I'm so done with Haphazard Decor! (Yes, I think I just made that "style" up). Thank you for your style quiz!

Christen

So Accurate!

I thought the quiz was so accurate, I want my friends to do it. I feel I like such a mix of things and the quiz described them all so well!

Lisa G.

A trusted friend

Before I felt overwhelmed by my clutter. Now, I feel like I have a trusted friend alongside me to pull me out of my paralysis with a fresh mindset!

Rhonda

"Home is the most important place on earth."

xo, Shannon