Delicious enough on their own, these Loaded Potatoes au Gratin are also perfect with a roasted turkey at Easter or Thanksgiving!
What’s better than cheesy regular potatoes au gratin? Loaded potatoes au gratin of course! Delicious on their own or served with roasted turkey at Easter or Thanksgiving these loaded potatoes au gratin can even be made dairy free if you substitute the milk, cheese and sour cream with delicious alternatives.
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ onion diced
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups cheddar, shredded
- ½ cup parmesan, shredded
- 4 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in butter.
- When onions are soft, slowly add flour.
- Slowly whisk in milk and sour cream.
- Stir in bacon and 1 ½ c cheddar cheese.
Put Casserole Together
- Layer ½ potatoes in a casserole dish and cover with half sauce
- Add rest of potatoes and cover with the rest of the sauce
- Sprinkle rest of cheddar and parmesan on top
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes
- Remove foil and bake additional 25 minutes
- Broil 5 minutes until top is golden
These are delicious made dairy free too if you can get unsweetened almond milk (or another substitute) and dairy free sour cream and cheese. Plus you can use turkey or chicken bacon if you want to avoid pork too!