An easy to make appetizer that tastes just like loaded baked potatoes…only these loaded potato slices are portable for any game night or party! So many topping options too!
Everyone loves loaded potatoes, right? All that cheesy, bacon and onion goodness in a potato. But what if you want to make an appetizer that tastes like a loaded potato…but you want it to be portable for game day? You make these loaded potato slices and serve them as finger food for Super Bowl Sunday!
- 5-6 Red Potatoes
- 1-2 cups Sour Cream, (Or sour cream substitute)
- 1-2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese, (Or cheddar cheese substitute)
- 8 pieces Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 Green Onions
- 3 tbsp Butter, melted
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice the potatoes into about ½ inch thick rounds and lay them in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush melted butter over them.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle cheese over the tops and put back in the oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese.
- Let the potatoes sit for just a couple minutes and then put a dollop of sour cream on top. Sprinkle with some bacon and green onions.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 360 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 59mg Sodium: 346mg Carbohydrates: 32g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 4g Protein: 12g
You could of course substitute the sour cream for a soy version, the cheese for dairy free cheese and even the bacon for non-pork bacon if you prefer!
What do you think of these loaded potato slices as finger food for Super Bowl Sunday?