A delicious lemon cream pie with graham cracker crust and homemade whipped cream recipe. Can be made gluten free (and dairy free) with a few substitutions too!
I am no pie baker. Just ask our friends, who always tease me about the “Fresh Baked Pies Served Daily” sign in my kitchen.
The reason I can’t and don’t bake pies is that I have never been able to get a handle on pastry. Not before we were gluten free and certainly not now that we are. However, I can definitely get into graham cracker pie crusts and have actually been making those for years as the base of Dean’s favorite cheesecake. That’s why I love this Lemon Cream Pie with Graham Cracker Crust so much!
Lemon Cream Pie Recipe
- 10 graham cracker full size sheets
- ½ cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons of sugar
- 8 oz package of cream cheese – softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 20 oz can of lemon pie filling – divided into two
- 8 oz container of cool whip
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
Graham Cracker Crust
- In a food processor, combine the graham crackers, sugar and butter. Pulse continuously until well combined.
- Press the mixture into a 9 inch pie pan that has been lightly sprayed, spread up the sides and use a cup to press and compact the crumbs tightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes and cool completely before filling with the pie.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the cream cheese and sugar.
- Add in ½ of the lemon pie filling and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in the cool whip until completely combined.
- Pour into a store bought pie crust, or a cooled pie crust from the recipe above.
- Add the rest of the lemon pie filling on top and spread to the edges.
- Chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- From your stand mixer, stick the metal bowl and the whisk attachment into the freezer for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- When your pie is ready to come out of the fridge, make the whipped cream garnish by adding the heavy whipping cream to your bowl and whisk on high speed (setting 8) until stiff peaks form. Don’t over mix!
- Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla, mixing until it’s nice and thick. This won’t take longer than a minute or two.
- Fill into a piping bag with a 1M attachment and garnish your lemon cream pie with the whipped cream and lemons. Enjoy!
- gluten free graham crackers for regular graham crackers
- coconut milk for heavy cream
- non-dairy cream cheese for regular cream cheese
- an additional cup of the recipe's whipped cream portion of the recipe in place of the Cool Whip
Mmm. So delicious!
Have you ever tried making your own lemon cream pie? Wouldn’t this make a great spring or summer dessert?