There are many different Irish Pasta recipes out there with all sorts of ingredients. This one is admittedly simple and easy to make. But it tastes great and kids love it!
Make this simple, yet tasty, Irish Pasta in about a half an hour! So good, even the kids will love it!
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef 80/20 suggested
- 1 onion diced
- 4 oz tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 8 oz frozenpeas
- 12 oz can diced fire roasted w/ garlic tomatoes
- 3 cups macaroni
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, begin to brown ground beef.
- Place the frozen peas in a bowl to thaw, set to the side.
- When beef is only slightly pink, add diced onion and stir to combine.
- Cook the mixture until the onions are translucent.
- Drain the excess juice off the meat and place it back in the saute pan.
- Reduce the heat to low, and add in the seasonings, tomatoes, and tomato paste.
- Add your pasta and toss to combine.
- Add the peas and lightly toss.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 7 minutes on low to medium heat. Make sure to stir frequently.
Have you ever made Irish Pasta? What do you put in yours?