Whether you need Holiday dessert ideas or something to squash an evening snack craving, dark chocolate is a great option. And this dark chocolate almond bark with sea salt will hit the spot!
I’m not much of a baker. I think because it’s too messy. And I kill cookies every single time. Literally, I can’t make any cookies, except my grandma’s peanut butter cookies, to save my life. Oh and I once set the oven on fire trying to bake a pie. Sigh. But I can manage to melt and pour chocolate. Which makes this yummy dark chocolate almond bark an easy dessert to make anytime!
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup almonds, whole and sliced
- 2 bars good-quality dark chocolate, 62%–70% cacao, finely chopped
- Coarse Sea Salt or Kosher Salt, to taste
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or wax paper.
- Add butter to small saucepan and stir until melted.
- Finely chop the chocolate bar and place into saucepan. Stir consistently as to not burn the chocolate as it melts.
- Remove from heat and immediately pour onto sheet.
- Spread chocolate into thin and even layer.
- Take the whole almonds and lightly press into chocolate. Scatter the remaining sliced almonds; Lightly sprinkle over the coarse salt.
- Let the chocolate cool in fridge for about 3 hours.
- Break bark into pieces and serve immediately.
* If not eating immediately, leave them in the fridge as they quickly melt.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 341Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 241mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 5gSugar: 20gProtein: 6g