Quizzes are a fun way to interact with your readers. Plus you can use quizzes to gain new leads for your business! How to Make a List Building Quiz.
Quizzes are a fun way to interact with your readers and followers. You can use quizzes to gain new leads for your business too! Not only do people rather enjoy them, they can give you some insight into who your readers are and why they hang out on your site. Plus they can actually help your readers too…our quiz What’s Your Decorating Style led to lots of feedback from women who found out their style and where to shop for it!
I’ve always wanted to create quizzes but I didn’t know how! I recently found Interact Quiz Builder. Interact makes it dead simple to create and share quizzes, and they have integrations with all the email marketing programs for managing your new subscribers.
WHAT EXACTLY IS INTERACT?
Interact is a tool that helps you generate new leads and drive sales with interactive content. This content could include personality quizzes and assessments.
We’ve all taken those quizzes online (or if you’re old like me, in magazines as a teenager!) that ask something like, “Which type of friend are you?” I am a sucker for these types of quizzes and will happily give up my email address to get my results. These types of quizzes can be especially fun for your social media followers or blog readers because most people enjoy categorizing themselves.
If your blog is built around educating your readers or showing them how to improve something, an assessment is a great way to do that. Like I mentioned above I recently launched the What’s Your Decorating Style? quiz to help my readers down the path to finding out their personal decorating style so they could better decorate their homes.
HOW DOES INTERACT WORK?
I found it really easy to create my first quiz on Interact, though it did take awhile to gather all the data to input. Their step-by-step process will walk you through setting up your quiz. They provide some good examples and templates to help you out, if you’re a first-timer, like me.
How to Make a List Building Quiz for Your Blog:
1. Log into Interact.
2. Click Create New Quiz.
3. Choose a Template or Create from Scratch. (I’d choose a template the first time or two that you build a quiz.)
4. Now, pick your template from all the options.
5. Click the on/off button in the top left corner to ‘Enable lead capture and data collection for my quiz’. Select whichever email app you use. I use Converkit.
6. Edit your Lead Capture Form.
7. Choose the list you’d like the leads to go to. I created a Decorating Style Quiz list in Convertkit for my quiz. I also mapped out that all quiz-takers would get our follow up sequence about decorating style, which includes an invite to our Decorating 101 free course.
8. Now, comes the fun part. Edit the cover image, title and explanation.
9. Then you sort of want to work backwards from results to questions. Edit your Results page. If you want to get crafty, you can make separate results pages if you want different calls to action based on their scores. This is where I created all the decorating styles short descriptions. I then created a page on my site with more detail to link to.
10. Work through creating your questions and be sure to add a question image to each question. A total of 6-14 questions is ideal.
11. Then map each answer to the coordinating result.
12. Preview your Quiz. If everything looks good, it’s time to hit Publish.
13. After you hit Publish, choose where you want to promote your quiz. I recommend publishing it across all your social channels and share it on your website. You can either embed it on relevant blog posts as a call to action, or you can create a new blog post just for the quiz. I announced the quiz via an email to my readers and social shares. The quiz also now lives on a dedicated page on the blog. I should really write a blog post about it too!
WANT TO TRY OUT INTERACT?
It’s easy to get started and try it out for 7 days. I would recommend starting your trial the day you plan to make your quiz. That way, you can publish your quiz, start generating leads and determine whether it’s a worthwhile investment for you, without wasting time.
Have you created a quiz for your readers before? Did you use Interact or something else?