The middle of winter is the perfect time to fudge your diet a little. Sit down with a hot drink and these Hot Chocolate Pretzel Sticks for a delish treat!
Sometimes one can get away with cheating on healthy eating. After all it’s about progress not perfection, right? And the middle of winter, with the cold and snow blowing, is the perfect time to fudge your diet a little. Sit down with a hot drink and these Hot Chocolate Pretzel Sticks for a delish treat!
- 20-30 pretzel rods/sticks
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup Wilton bright white candy melts
- miniature marshmallows
You will also need:
- Tall glass
- Parchment paper
- Decorating bag
- Place your chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat on 50% power for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Pour your melted chocolate into your tall glass.
- Dunk your pretzel rods 3/4 of the way into your melted chocolate, let any excess chocolate drip off and place onto a parchment paper lined plate.
- Transfer your pretzels to the freezer for about 15-20 minutes to harden.
- Place your white candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and heat on 50% power for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and pour into a decorating bag and cut a tiny tip off the point of the bag.
- Remove your pretzels from the freezer and drizzle your white chocolate over your chocolate covered pretzels.
- Immediately press your marshmallow bits onto the white chocolate while it is still soft.
- Let that for another 15 minutes or until the white chocolate has hardened and enjoy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 399 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 5mg Sodium: 727mg Carbohydrates: 74g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 23g Protein: 7g
What is your favorite cheat treat?