Stir fry and garlic are staples around here. This honey garlic chicken stir fry with broccoli & carrots combines both of those to make a delicious and healthy meal the family loves!
I have no idea where I get my love of garlic from. My mom actually really dislikes it, so she didn’t cook with it when I was a kid. Regardless, Dean and I (and all three of our kids) LOVE garlic. 4 out of 5 of us also LOVE stir fry – especially this honey garlic chicken stir fry with broccoli and carrots. The one hold out still gets his chicken, rice and veggies separated on his plate. 🙄
Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast cubed
- 1 tbsp minced garlic (about 2-3 cloves, depending on size)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (gluten free)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp tapioca starch
- salt and pepper to taste
- sesame seeds optional
- chopped green onions optional
- Melt coconut oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add in the cubed chicken breast. Cook until all of the chicken is cooked through and browned, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the pan and set aside. (I usually place paper towels in a bowl and then place chicken on top.)
- Melt another tablespoon of coconut oil in the pan.
- Add the carrots and broccoli and saute until tender but still firm, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and toss. Then add the chicken back in and let simmer while preparing the sauce.
- In a liquid measuring cup, mix together the chicken broth, soy sauce, tapioca starch and honey. Pour into the pan and stir for 30 seconds.
- Let simmer for 1 minute, until the sauce thickens.
- Serve over rice and top with chopped green onions and sesame seeds if desired.
Does your family like stir fry and garlic as much as ours does?