This Lemon Cake Sugar Scrub is scrumptious. It’s a super simple recipe (my favorite!) and can be put together in less than 5 minutes! My hands always feel amazing and hydrated after using this homemade sugar scrub / DIY hand scrub.
Once upon a time, Dean fell in love with a hand scrub. Now that hand scrub was very expensive, so we only bought it once. But he never forgot it (he works in a sheet metal shop and always has dry hands due to the oils on metal and frequent hand-washing). I’m thinking that this Lemon Cake scented Homemade Sugar Scrub / DIY Hand Scrub will help him get soft hands on the regular!
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 18-20 drops Lemon essential oil
- 1-5 drops food coloring, if desired
- Place coconut oil into a bowl.
- Slowly pour in the sugar, while stirring constantly. (I like to use a stand mixer when making larger batches!) Mix well.
- Add Lemon essential oil.
- Mix together well.
- (Optional) Add in food coloring if you want to change the color. Mix well.
- Place sugar scrub mixture into a jar with a sealable lid to keep fresh.
- Add a label and make it unique!
This Lemon Cake Homemade Sugar Scrub / DIY Hand Scrub also makes a great Mother’s Day or birthday gift!