These Homemade Reusable Dryer Sheets are amazing! Choose Lavender, or any scent that suits you and save money with these DIY Dryer Sheets.
Dryer sheets are pretty standard in most houses. But what if you could make your own, with more natural ingredients and in a way that would save you money? These Homemade Reusable Dryer Sheets are amazing! Choose Lavender, or any scent that suits you and save money with these DIY Dryer Sheets.
- Lavender essential oil, or your favorite scent! Change it up in the Spring to Citrus, Lemon, Orange, etc,
- Jar with a sealable lid
- Fabric Scraps
- Take the fabric or napkins and cut them into squares. Or use new white wash cloths. Either will work.
- Take your glass jar and pour approximately ½ cup of vinegar.
- Add your favorite essential oils and carefully swish to mix.
- Roll your fabric scraps and place them into the jar and seal to save freshness and scent.
Note, the fabric scraps will 100% fray over time unless you take a serger and seam up the edges. You can also “cheat” and use a liquid sealer which is much faster and easy to grab at the fabric store if you don’t have a serger or a sewing machine. Something like Liquid Stitch or No Fray Spray would work. Make sure to change up the scraps when fraying occurs (otherwise you will have fun frays in your clean clothes, but that’s probably not the worst thing as a parent that I’ve found in my dryer before!).
Have you tried to make your own homemade reusable dryer sheets yet?