I think it's safe to say I have a bit of a thing for typography.
Marquee letters – big or small – seem be one of my favorite crushes du jour.
And the Heidi Swapp marquee letters (from Michaels) that can be decorated any way I choose? Well those just rock!
- Heidi Swapp Marquee Love Letters
- Heidi Swapp Marquee Love Paper Pad
- Heidi Swapp Marquee Love Tape
- x-acto knife
1. Remove everything from the Marquee Love box. Set lights and light-stringing instructions aside.
2. Use Marquee Love Tape and tape the outside (and optionally the inside) edge of the marquee letter. Cut with x-acto knife when finished.
3. Using the paper letter template (that comes with each letter) trace letter onto paper of choice. Also trace each marquee light hole onto paper.
4. Cut letter outline carefully with scissors. Do NOT cut marquee light holes.
5. Place cut paper letter into marquee letter. Remove and trim edges if necessary then replace.
6. Using a pencil, poke through paper at each marquee light hole.
7. Place one marquee light cover in each hole.
8. String marquee lights, following stringing instructions that came in the package.
Heidi has pretty much made it foolproof, even for those that are craft-challenged.
And they look so stinking cute all lit up too!
Have you tried the Heidi Swapp Marquee Love letters yet? If so what is your favorite tape and paper combo to decorate them with?
THIS POST SPONSORED BY MICHAELS. ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. I WOULDN’T SHARE IT IF I DIDN’T LIKE IT!
Let's Hang Out!
Sign up for our newsletters to get the latest from Home Made Lovely! We'll brighten up your inbox with doable decorating ideas, crafts and DIY projects you can make and delish recipes for your family. Get it all delivered to your inbox, plus tips and tools for adding a little creativity to your life!