Make these grilled chicken burrito bowls with dairy or with non-dairy substitutes and enjoy a delish and fun lunch or dinner on the patio!
Can’t have dairy? No problem. Don’t want corn. Also, not a problem. The awesome thing about burrito bowls is they can be customized as they’re assembled. This makes feeding picky eaters or those with food issues so easy! Make these grilled chicken burrito bowls with dairy or with non-dairy substitutes and enjoy a delish and fun lunch or dinner on the patio!
Grilled Chicken Burrito Bowls
- 1-2 pounds chicken breasts
- ½ tsp each garlic powder, salt and chili powder
- 1 can of sweet corn
- 1 can of black beans
- ½ onion finely chopped
- 1 package of shredded montery jack cheese or non-dairy cheese shreds
- 1 lime
- 1 batch of fresh cilantro
- 2 to matoes
- white rice
- oilve oil
- guacamole and sour cream optional
- Mix Salt, garlic powder and chili powder together. Coat chicken breasts evenly with olive oil and rub seasoning mixture on both sides of chicken breasts. Set grill to low-medium heat. Once it reaches 425 degrees, place chicken on the grill. Grill for about 5-6 mins on each side or until the internal temperature reaches at least 160 degrees.
- While chicken is cooking, prep the rice as directed on the package. Once it's ready, add some freshly chopped cilantro and squeeze ½ of a lime into the rice. Season with salt to taste. Mix well. Cover to keep warm.
- Dice tomatoes, put in bowl. Add corn and fresh cilantro. Mix well.
- Once chicken is ready. Let it rest for five mins then cut into bit sized pieces.
- Divide rice evenly into separate bowls. Add chicken, rinsed black beans, corn/ tomato salsa and cheese evenly. Top with guacamole, and or sour cream. Use a slice of lime for garnish.
Even with dairy free substitutions this grilled chicken burrito bowl sure hits the spot!