What do you get when you add gold and glitter to an ampersand on canvas? You make Gold Glitter Ampersand Canvas Art, of course!
Okay, I have to say this is one of my favorites in our recent plethora of gold projects! I don't know what it is about the lowly ampersand, but I just love it! Its shape, its presence. Love! Anyway, we figured we were glittering up a storm already, so why not create a little art too.
DIY Gold Glitter Ampersand Canvas Art
1. Cut out your printed ampersand (pick whatever font you want and print it to fit your canvas) and trace onto canvas.
2. Outline ampersand with gold marker.
3. Paint carefully inside your marker lines with gold paint. Let dry.
4. Apply glue/Mod Podge over gold painted ampersand.
5. Sprinkle with gold glitter. Press gently. Let dry.
6. Tap off excess glitter.
Now if you're lucky enough you can find a pretty frame like the one in the photos to embellish your Gold Glitter Ampersand Canvas Art. I only got to borrow it from a friend because I still can't find one that cool looking!
Do you like gold? Do you like ampersands? What about canvas art? Am I just being silly now? Won't you join me? 🙂
Let's Hang Out!
Sign up for our newsletters to get the latest from Home Made Lovely! We'll brighten up your inbox with doable decorating ideas, crafts and DIY projects you can make and delish recipes for your family. Get it all delivered to your inbox, plus tips and tools for adding a little creativity to your life!