For our 22nd anniversary, we are taking a look back and really seeing God’s hand in our marriage. And to celebrate, we’re giving you a free God’s Perfect Timing printable devotional Journal!
This week, Dean and I celebrate twenty-two years of marriage. This is in fact impossible due to the fact that we simply aren’t old enough to have been married for that long. I kid. But, but really it’s a little crazy to think about. Twenty-two years?
All the Things
When we celebrated our twentieth anniversary, I wrote a post about all the things that had happened in our lives during that time. Well, the highlights anyway. Everything holds true two years later, with the addition of a few things:
- lived in
- put me through 2.5 colleges (I quit computer programming after one semester and then took two one-year certificate courses)
- had three babies (in four years)
- passed each other in the hallway innumerable times each tending to one of those babes in the wee hours of the night
- homeschooled for eleven thirteen years
- renovated and sold
- became Christians together
- watched three of our kids accept Christ as their savior and witnessed two of them get baptized
- started three businesses (and have been in the process of rebuilding up that third one over the past six months)
- had eight different vehicles (two civics and two odysseys in the mix though)
- attended about 6 churches and been members of three (we’ve been at C4 Ajax for over 8 years now though!)
- had two kittens, two dogs and
onetwo hamsters (as family pets, not all at the same time)
- celebrated over half of my birthdays together and almost half of his
- watched approximately
a gazilliona gazillion and one movies 😉
- camped dozens of times (although we both feel a little old for that these days)
- not slept apart unless absolutely necessary
- said “I love you” every single day
My Favorite Love Story
I also wrote a post around our 18th anniversary about my favorite love story…ours! If you want a good laugh at how God works, go read that post. Honestly.
Looking back, no matter the highs or lows, we know that God has been with us in all of it. His timing is perfect. We’d both had our hearts broken before we got together. Neither of us acknowledged Him as our Saviour before we were married. And yet, He planned every single detail of our lives to bring us together and grow us in faith and grace together.
God’s Perfect Timing FREE Printable Journal
And it’s on that note that we are offering you our free God’s Perfect Timing printable journal. It’s filled with scripture references to help you notice all the times God has been with you and all the times he’s orchestrated things in your life for His glory, on HIS timeline. Because it’s the best! There’s also plenty of space to jot down notes, memories and what He has to say to you.
Just click the image below, download the journal, then print a copy for yourself and settle in to see exactly where God’s Timing has been in your life!
If you’re married, how long has it been? Can you see God’s timing in your life (married or not)?
Shannon & Dean