Need a fun, last-minute gift idea? Make these snow globe mason jars and fill them with all sorts of goodies! Perfect for gift cards, candy, hot chocolate mix or jewelry!
Sometimes there’s just not enough time before the Holidays to get all the things done. If you need a fun, simple, last-minute gift idea – or gift ‘wrap’ for a small gift – make these snow globe mason jars and then fill them up with fun goodies!
How to Make Your Own Snow Globe Mason Jars
These snow globe mason jars are simple to make and need only a few supplies that can easily be found online or at your local craft store.
- Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Miniature Christmas ornaments
- Clear Christmas ornaments
- Glue gun
- A bag of fake snow
- White paper
1. Cut the strings off the miniature ornaments.
2. Using the lid of the Mason jar trace the inner circle part on the white paper.
3. Cut the circle and hot glue it to the inner part of the lid.
4. Create a scene by hot gluing the ornaments onto the white piece of paper that is attached to the lid.
5. Add snow to your scene.
6. Open your clear plastic ornament so it’s in two pieces. Attach one half of the ornament to the outer portion of the Mason jar lid.
7. Place your dome onto the jar. There is a small part of the ornament that is meant to have the string attached to it. Be sure that portion of the ornament is at the back of the jar.
8. Add whatever you would like inside the jar complete it.
Ideas for things you could fill the mason jar with:
- hot chocolate mix
- mini toys
- jewelry (!)
- miniature candy canes
- make up
- gift cards
- Christmas ornaments
So there’s a really simple gift idea. If you like that you may also like our other Christmas craft posts: