There’s nothing quite like fresh, homemade baked goods. And this fresh strawberry muffin recipe is perfect for National Strawberry Month (which is May) or anytime!
I don’t bake as often as I’d like. Mostly, it’s because I don’t like to make a mess of my kitchen. And I think I need some new muffin tins that aren’t so heavy and um, sticky (I have stoneware muffin tins). But this fresh strawberry muffin recipe may just make me change my baking frequency because they’re so good!
Fresh Strawberry Muffin Recipe
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour (can try your favorite mix of gluten free flour)
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and prepare a muffin pan with either liners or non-stick spray.
- In a bowl, mix together the oil, vanilla, milk and egg. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the dry ingredients – flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Toss the strawberries into the dry mixture until well coated and then add in the liquid mixture, folding lightly until well combined.
- Fill the liners about ¾ of the way full, should give you about 10 muffins. Baked for 25 minutes. Cool slightly and remove from the pan.
Do you have a favorite strawberry muffin recipe?