Can’t have wheat or gluten? Don’t want to mess with other flour combos? Then you’ll want to try this flourless chocolate cake topped with a decadent ganache and berries!
No matter what time of year it is, chocolate cake is a good idea. But when it’s time to get cozy and snuggle up to survive the sometimes wintery weather of early spring, chocolate cake is definitely a good idea! And this flourless chocolate cake with a decadent ganache and berries is sure to please.
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Ganache and Berries
Can't have wheat or gluten? Don't want to mess with other flour combos? Then you'll want to try this flourless chocolate cake topped with a decadent ganache and berries!
For the Cake
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup butter unsalted
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
For the Ganache
- 1 ½ cups dark chocolate chips
- ¾ cup heavy cream
For the Garnish
- slivered almonds optional
- berries optional
To Make the Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Spray or lightly grease an 8 inch round cake pan or springform pan.
Combine butter and chocolate in saucepan and melt over low heat, stirring often. Pour mixture into a mixing bowl. (Alternately, microwave to melt in a microwave safe dish.)
Add in sugar, salt and vanilla, mixing well.
Next add in eggs and beat well to a smooth consistency.
Fold in the cocoa powder.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan, scraping the bowl to get all the batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a instant-read thermometer inserted into the middle of the cake reads 200F.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10-20 minutes and then loosen and tip out onto a cake plate to finish cooling.
To Make the Ganache:
Melt chocolate together with heavy whipping cream in a saucepan on low heat. Stir until chocolate ganache is smooth.
Set aside and allow the chocolate ganache to come to room temperature, and/or thicken to the desired consistency for pouring on top of the cake. (You don't want it to pour over the sides, which it will do if it is too thin.)
Garnish and Serve:
Once the cake and ganache have cooled, pour the ganache on top of the cake.
- Add a mixture of berries and slivered almonds to the top of the cake.
Slice and serve.
Have you ever made a flourless chocolate cake? What about ganache?
To see how my friends cozy up in early Spring (apparently I’m the only one who does it with food! 😂), visit them below. Maybe you’ll find one or two new cozy living ideas for your own home!