In this post: Make your own Floral Boho Spring Hoop Wreath from an embroidery hoop, faux flowers and some pretty pastel ribbons.
I’m itching for Spring to arrive. Much like always, this winter has been cold and snowy and even though Spring is only a few weeks away, it feels like it will take forever to get here. If you’re in the South, you probably don’t know what I mean. But here in the far eastern suburbs of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Spring weather doesn’t usually arrive until well after March 20th. So, instead of waiting for Spring to arrive, we bring bits of spring into the house long before it looks like Spring outside! This is exactly why I made this floral boho spring hoop wreath the other day.
Make Your Own Floral Boho Spring Hoop Wreath
- A selection of ribbons in your choice of colors
- Embroidery hoop
- Fake flowers
- Glue gun and glue
- Scrap cardboard
1. Remove the outer portion of the embroidery hoop. You will only need the inner piece for this craft.
2. After selecting your ribbons, cut each one to about 2 meters long (or however long you’d like your ‘tails’ to be).
3. Using a simple looping technique, attach your ribbons to the hoop, one at a time. You’ll need 6-10 pieces depending on how big your hoop is and how wide your ribbon is. Alternately, you can tie the ribbons to the hoop. If you choose to tie the ribbons, you’ll need to cut about twice as many pieces to keep the wreath looking full.
4. Cut a scrap of cardboard to fit your flowers. Hot glue this to the hoop. Let cool and dry thoroughly before the next step.
5. Separate the large flowers from the stem of your fake flowers. Now hot glue them to the cardboard. Let glue cool and dry thoroughly before moving the wreath.
Hang and enjoy!
More Spring Floral Projects
Want more spring faux floral goodness? Check out these fun spring craft posts:
- Floral Boho Spring Hoop Wreath
- DIY Faux Floral Arrangement: Feminine Yet Rustic Crate
- DIY Faux Floral Arrangement with Fake Water
- Make a Monogram From Faux Flowers and Cardboard! (You are here)
- Make a Simple Paper Flower Wreath in Under 10 Minutes
What do you think of making your own wreaths? Would you rather make them or buy them?
Today some of my friends are sharing their beautiful and inspiring DIY Spring Wreaths! Head over to see what they have in store…