In this post: Make your own Everything Bagel Seasoning mix, perfect for homemade bagels, or sprinkled on other baked goods and appetizers. This is a simple, homemade recipe that is cheaper than store-bought versions, and you can control the ingredients!
Everything Bagel Seasoning is super easy to make at home! With just 6 ingredients, you can simply toss them together, and eat it on everything your heart desires. As a plus, most of these ingredients are likely already in your pantry!
Table of Contents
What is Everything Bagel Seasoning?
Ever had an everything bagel? I dream about that delicious, salty. savory, crunchy bagel. Well, Everything Bagel Seasoning is ALL that without the bagel. Which might seem impractical, who wants seasonings with no bagel? ME! As a gluten-free vegan, it’s almost impossible to find bagels I can eat, and they’re almost always plain. So I want to be able to ADD this seasoning to my bagels. And beyond being literally perfect for bagels, this seasoning goes well with SO MANY other things.
What Does Everything Bagel Seasoning Taste Like?
Everything Beyond Seasoning tastes amazing!! It’s a delicious combination of nutty, oniony, garlicky, and salty flavors. Which – in my personal opinion – is the best kind of taste. And on top of that, this seasoning is beyond versatile! Later in this post, I list a BUNCH of ideas on how to use this seasoning, so make sure you check that out.
- White sesame seeds: are often included in East Asian cuisines to add extra nutrients and a barely-there crunch.
- Black sesame seeds (toasted): same deal as the white sesame seeds! These are the ones I like.
- Dried onion: opt for minced rather than onion flakes.
- Dried garlic: an easily storable way to add a delicious garlicky flavor to recipes. Go for minced instead of garlic flakes in this as well.
- Poppy seeds: a good source of protein and fiber.
- Sea salt: a fantastic seasoning that brings out the flavor of whatever it is put on.
How to Make Everything Bagel Seasoning
1. Place all ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Mix well.
3. Sprinkle the seasoning on your food or store it away for another time.
How to Use Everything Bagel Seasoning
Now that you know how easy it is to make this seasoning blend, you may ask yourself, “What do I put it on?” Well, lovely, I’ve got you covered! You can put your Everything Bagel Seasoning on:
- Bagels, obviously!
- Avocado toast
- Other baked goods: garlic bread, homemade bread, homemade croissants, etc.
- Steak, roast beef; pretty much any kind of beef!
- Noodle dishes like ramen, mac & cheese, homemade hamburger helper, and chili garlic noodles.
- Rice bowls like Korean beef bowls, honey garlic stir fry, rice and beans, mango cashew chicken, and vegetable fried rice.
- Eggs: microwaved, boiled, muffin-form, and even quiche!
- Mixed with bread crumbs on shrimp, chicken, cauliflower, or anything else you want to bread.
- Salads like Mandarin chicken salad and BLT pasta salad.
- Veggie and chicken dishes like chicken balls and garlic broccoli, oven-roasted veggies, and sheet pan chicken and veggies.
- Dips like garlic hummus and homemade guacamole!
Tools to Use:
- Spice jars with bamboo lids
- Minimalist spice jar labels
- “Picture Ledge” style shelves
Can you double or triple this Everything Bagel Seasoning recipe?
For sure! Doubling and tripling this seasoning mix is super easy and it works just as well.
How long does homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning last?
When stored in an airtight container in a cool and dry place, this seasoning can last up to 6 months! But I can almost guarantee you’ll eat it all up before then 😉
How much seasoning should I use?
You can use as much Everything Bagel Seasoning as you want! The only concern with adding lots would be accidentally making your dish too salty. So, it would be a good idea to add a little and then taste your dish to see if you need more.
Where can I buy Everything Bagel Seasoning?
There are quite a few stores where you can buy Everything Bagel Seasoning including Trader Joe’s, Costco, Walmart, and Amazon. But if you can’t find it in stores, you could always try your hand at this homemade recipe!
How to Store Everything Bagel Seasoning
Store your Everything Bagel Seasoning in an airtight container like a small jar or plastic container. Make sure you put the seasoning in a cool, dry place so it will last longer. When stored this way, you can use this seasoning for up to 6 months after making it!
More Spice Mix Recipes
- Italian Seasoning
- Fajita Seasoning Mix
- Homemade Chili Seasoning
- Poultry Seasoning
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Greek Seasoning
- 3 tbsp. white sesame seeds
- 1 ½ tbsp. black toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. dried minced onion
- 1 tbsp. dried minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
- ½ tbsp. sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Store in a sealed container - such as a mason jar - in the pantry.
- If you can’t find black sesame seeds, you can swap them out for more white sesame seeds. They taste the same, it will just look a little different.
- Be sure you use the black toasted sesame seeds as they sell an untoasted option as well. The toasted option is much better.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 17Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 219mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily via Nutrifox.