In this post: Easy Santa Cupcakes made from a gluten-free box mix and fun things like marshmallows, sprinkles, M&M’s, chocolate chips and coconut!
Now, I’m a self-professed non-baker. But I can make up a batch of cupcakes from a box mix, no problem! And the best part doing it that way is that there’s more time and energy for decorating, which is what these easy Santa cupcakes are all about! If you’re gluten-free, or are serving these to someone who is, you can easily use a gluten-free cake mix and gluten-free toppings to make these gluten-free!
Make Your Own Easy Snowman Cupcakes
Easy Santa Cupcakes
Yield: 12 cupcakes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Easy Santa Cupcakes made from a gluten free box mix and fun things like marshmallows, sprinkles, M&M's, chocolate chips and coconut!
- boxed baking mix for 12 cupcakes, can be gluten free!
- white frosting
- 24 mini chocolate chips
- 72 mini marshmallows
- red sprinkles
- 12 red M&M's
- shredded coconut
For the cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 12 cup cupcake pan with liners.
- Prepare the cake mix according to directions. Pour into the cupcake pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Let cool.
For the decorating:
- Let your cupcakes cool.
- Pipe the white frosting onto the cupcakes. You can use this Betty Crocker Cupcake Frosting for easy piping or regular white frosting.
- Place 5 mini marshmallows in a row on the cupcake to create the brim of the Santa hat.
- Sprinkle the red sprinkles above the mini marshmallows to create the Santa hat. Place a mini marshmallow on top.
- Place 2 mini chocolate chips under the brim of the hat for eyes and a red M&M for a nose.
- Sprinkle shredded coconut under the M&M nose to make a Santa beard.
Pretty cute and easy too, yes?
More Handmade Holiday Recipes
He is, isn’t he?! 🙂