Turn a classic kids' craft into a pretty home decor piece. Make an easy pop pom garland to add a little texture to your space. You could even have the kids help you!
Quick, actually-doable crafts for the home are my thing. Because you know how much I like easy, right? And pretty. Well this pom-pom garland is so easy, your kids could join in the fun. And they just happen to be adorable and affordable too!
Easy Pom-Pom Garland Tutorial
1. Cut an 8″ length of yarn. Set aside.
2.Wrap yarn around your hand until it's nice and thick. There is no “right” amount. Experiment until you get a thickness you like.
3. Gently remove yarn from your hand and lay on top of 8″ length of yarn from step 1 (as shown).
4. Carefully pull tight and tie a knot.
5. Snip yarn “loops” to make a rather unruly looking pom-pom.
6. Give pom-pom a haircut to even it out. Or leave it all wild and unruly if you feel like it!
7. Repeat steps 1-6 to make six pom-poms.
8. Cut a 60″ length of yarn.
9. Tie pom-poms on about every 10 inches or so.
10. Hang and enjoy!
I chose warm white yarn to go with our living room in winter, but you could choose bright colors for a child's room, burnt oranges in the fall or pastels in the spring.
Another craft for your home that is easy, quick, affordable and can fit into any color scheme!
Let's Hang Out!
Sign up for our newsletters to get the latest from Home Made Lovely! We'll brighten up your inbox with doable decorating ideas, crafts and DIY projects you can make and delish recipes for your family. Get it all delivered to your inbox, plus tips and tools for adding a little creativity to your life!