Mexican Rice is one of those dishes that are not only super simple to make but are so versatile as well. And with this Easy Mexican Rice recipe, it’s certain to become a staple in your weekly meal planning.
Need an addition to go with your tacos, burritos, or even a side for your nachos? Mexican rice is the addition that you need!
Besides being versatile, I love the fact that this rice can take on so many different flavors. Carrots and peas can be an awesome addition to get some of those much-needed vegetables into the diet of your children, and if you like a bit of spice? Spice it up! Fresh jalapenos, cayenne pepper…you name it. You control the heat that you want to add to your own dish of rice, and that is a beautiful thing.
Any recipe that I can create that my family loves but also allows each of them to tailor it to them and their taste buds is a beautiful thing! Trust me…it’s one of the best parts of this Easy Mexican Rice recipe! One pot of Mexican rice, and just let everyone else doctor it up exactly how they like!
Easy Mexican Rice
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 to tomato bouillon cubes mashed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 bag of frozen carrots and peas
- 3 1/4 cup water
- 3 whole jalapeno peppers diced
- 1 tsp cayenne
- Rinse and drain the rice.
- Turn your stove onto medium to high.
- In a large saucepan add the oil, and rice.
- Stir to combine.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Once the rice is lightly golden brown, add tomato sauce, garlic, and diced onion to the pan.
- Add the tomato bullion cubes, salt, carrots, peas, cayenne, and water.
- Stir to combine.
- Add jalapeno peppers
- Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to low and cook for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set to the side for 5 minutes.
If only every meal could be as easy as this one, right?