So yesterday’s post was all about simplifying.
And I’m obviously all for that.
I mean, I wrote the post.
Simplifying is a really good idea.
But sometimes it’s so much fun to just layer and layer – and layer – until a room is cozy and warm and well, beautiful.
Our early fall dining room is all those things: layered, cozy, warm and beautiful.
Oh, and full of textures too.
I adore the bones of our dining room.
It gets great light. I am still in love with the board and batten. The chandelier has been on my wish list for years. We built the table with our own hands. The wall color is a perfect shade of grey/beige. And it’s almost a perfect square. (I know, I’m weird.)
I mean if I absolutely had to pick (like if it was life or death) I would probably choose our dining room as my favorite room in the house.
Thankfully I don’t think that’s a choice I’ll have to make any time soon!
Dining Room Source List:
- Silver Galvanized Metal Chairs – Home Depot
- Hampton Bay (Outdoor) Side chairs – Home Depot
- Laminate Flooring – Lumber Liquidators
- Farmhouse dining room table DIY tutorial
- Painted hutch (painted with regular latex paint!)
- Buffet, Habitat for Humanity Restore
- Lamps, Walmart
- Faux Books, Crown Book Ends Urban Barn
- 3 easy steps to a chalkboard wall
- Large wall clock
- 23 Pillows, Homesense
- Hampton Bay Heritage 6 Light Iron and Crystal Chandelier, Home Depot
- No Sew Drop Cloth Curtains
- Autumn free fall printable, via Home Made Lovely
- Scrolly frame, Homesense
- Fall Compass Arrow free printable, via Rooms For Rent
- Large Frames, Michaels
- Napkins, Pier One
- Orange Plates, Target
- Sage green plates, Homesense
- White plates, Homesav, Kitchen Stuff Plus & Sears
- Mason Jars, Canadian Tire
- Daisy Cut Mason Jar Lids, Etsy
- Polka Dot Paper Straws, Target
- Chalkboard place cards, Home Made Lovely (not in production yet)
- Napkin Rings (no longer available), Chapters/Indigo
- Rustic Chargers, Chapters/Indigo
- Galvanized Drink Caddy (no longer available), Chapters/Indigo