Want a super easy way to keep your toilet fresh between cleanings? Try our DIY toilet bombs made with essential oils and baking soda for a fresh clean scent!
One of my least favorite tasks around the house is cleaning the toilet. I’m pretty sure it’s not your favorite either. But you can extend the length of time between cleanings by making and using these DIY toilet bombs!
- 1 ⅓ cup baking soda
- ½ cup citric acid
- 1 tsp water
- Essential oils - lemon lavender and/or peppermint are all good options!
- Silicone mold
- Spray bottle
- In a bowl, mix the baking soda and citric acid.
- In a spray bottle, mix the water and essential oils.
- Spray the water and oil mix into the baking soda and citric acid. It will fizzle a little bit, but that’s ok. (If you don’t have a spray bottle just be sure to add the water mix VERY slowly!)
- Mix around until it is all damp. The mixture should feel a bit like damp sand. If it's too crumbly, add a bit more water a tiny bit at a time (to avoid creating a fizzy reaction).
- Press into mold and allow to sit out and harden for a few hours.
- Transfer to a jar or an airtight container.
To Use Your DIY Toilet Bombs
When you’re ready to use your toilet bombs, simply drop one in your toilet bowl, let fizz and then flush. You toilet bowl will look and smell fresh, no scrubbing needed!
Why they work
Baking Soda – Baking soda is a mildly abrasive cleaner and makes and excellent deodorizer.
Citric Acid – Citric Acid give the toilet bombs that fizzy effect and helps to dissolve hard water stains in the toilet bowl.
Essential Oils – The essential oils help to kill germs and leave a fresh clean scent behind after the toilet bomb dissolves.
So tell me, is cleaning the toilet on your list of least favorite chores? Have you ever tried diy toilet bombs before?