This post contains affiliate links & photos. See our full disclosure here.
In this post: Snow globes are such fun, easy Christmas crafts to make. This DIY Mini Cooper snow globe includes the iconic mini cooper carrying a Christmas tree on its roof!
Who else loves to see a Christmas tree tied to the top of a car in December? On throw pillows, in art prints and more, this iconic scene has regained popularity in Christmas decorating over the last couple of years. So I thought it may be fun to create a little faux snow globe containing one of our son’s old dinky cars carrying a wee little Christmas tree of its own! Here’s how to make your own DIY Mini Cooper Snow Globe!
Table of Contents
DIY Mini Cooper Dinky Car Christmas Tree Snow Globe
This snow globe is super easy to make with only a few supplies. And it’s super cute mixed in with all kinds of Christmas decor!
Most of these supplies can be found at the dollar store, but I’ve linked them to Amazon too to make them even simpler to gather for your craft session too!
- wide mouth jar
- mini cooper dinky car or beetle dinky car
- small craft bottle brush tree
- glue gun
- glue gun sticks
- fake snow
1. Cut base off of bottle brush tree.
2. Glue bottle brush tree to top of car.
3. Choose a jar that will fit your chosen car. I wanted a plain wide mouth mason jar, but couldn’t find any except this one from Ikea.
4. Build up the base of the lid so your car will sit above the lid line if necessary using cardboard glued to the lid.
5. Glue base and car to lid.
6. Add snow to jar with jar upside down.
7. Add lid to jar/close lid while jar is still upside down.
8. Flip over and display somewhere fun!
Wasn’t that fun and simple?!
Don’t you just love the sight of a Christmas tree tied atop a car? Have you ever made a snow globe of your own? Real or fake?
Love this project? Check out our Snow Globe Gift Card Holder!