In this post: Hot and cold bags are handy to keep around for stress relief, injuries and flus and cold. These DIY hot and cold bags are super simple to make!
Perfect in the heat and perfect in the cold – hot and cold bags are useful year-round! Use them cold for fevers or swelling. Use them hot for chills, and sore muscles. These DIY hot and cold bags are a must-have for any house! Just microwave them or freeze them for instant relief.
DIY Hot and Cold Bags
- 100% cotton fabric, the pattern of choice
- Straight pins
- 1 1/2 cups dry rice (any type)
- Sewing machine
1. Cut one piece of fabric to 6″ x 6″ and one to 6″ x 12″.
2. For each hot and cold bag, fold right side of fabric together and pin.
3. Sew all the way around each bag, leaving about a 2″ opening on one side.
4. Carefully pour 1/2 cup of rice into smaller bag and the remainder into the larger bag.
5. Sew opening shut.
6. Sew a 1/2″ border around each bag if desired (pushing the rice out of the way as you go). Snip any stray strings and you’re done!
Hot cold bags can be stored in the freezer for use when cold or microwaved on high for about 1-2 minutes for warm use.