It's nice to let people know they're loved and appreciated this time of year and gift cards can be the perfect way to do that.
Gift cards can be especially great for gift exchanges, secret Santas, BFFs, study buddies, dog walkers, the mailman/woman and the paper delivery boy/girl.
Okay. So pretty much everyone.
But it's always nice to personalize gift cards a little too with fancy wrap and trimmings. Or by making a small gift card holder that's still useful or pretty after the gift card is removed.
DIY Gift Card Snow Globes
Just like our other DIY snow globes, these DIY gift card snow globes are easy to make. All you need are a few inexpensive supplies and you're ready to craft a heart-felt gift or two.
- gift cards
- wide mouth jars (large enough for your gift cards to fit into)
- fake snow
- bottle brush trees
- small winter figures
- glue gun
- glue gun sticks
- ribbons, jingle bells, gift tags or other embellishments
- white nail polish (optional)
1. Decide whether you want to make your snow globe with the jar right side up or upside down. Then play with the placement of the trees and winter figures. Remember to leave space for the gift card!
2. After you've decided where you want to place the trees and figures, hot glue them in place either to the jar lid or to the jar bottom. If you're making the snow globe with the lid as the bottom, add a tiny bit of hot glue to the bottom of the gift card and stick it in place on the lid. This will keep the gift card from falling all over when you add the snow and flip the globe upside down.
3. Add fake snow to your snow globe and screw on the lid.
4. Optional: To mimic the look of a true snow globe with snow flakes floating in water, add “snowflakes” to the snow globe by dotting white nail polish onto the back side of the jar.
5. Embellish with ribbon, jingle bells (not shown) and a gift tag.
Now you can give a gift card that's been personalized just for that special someone!
*GIVEAWAY CLOSED* Win 1 of 2 $50 Starbucks Cards
CONGRATS TO OUR WINNERS! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
One of my favorite gifts to give (and let's be honest I like to get them too!) are Starbucks gift cards.
With 48 unique and beautiful designs (each created by a Starbucks Partner/employee) there is a design that will ‘speak’ to you. Whether its ‘Cheers Bro’ or ‘Hello Lovely’, a camera or a kitten, there is a card for everyone.
I've also registered my Starbucks card because when you register your card you become a member of the Starbucks loyalty program – My Starbucks Rewards. This way our family earns free drinks and food, plus we get access to personalized and exclusive offers. We also have our card registered on the Starbucks APP, which means we're ALWAYS using our phones to pay for items as well as earning, redeeming and tracking our rewards.
Free stuff is awesome, right?!
SO, to help you give a fun last minute gift this Holiday season, we've partnered with Starbucks to give away TWO $50 Starbucks gift cards right here at Home Made Lovely!
Follow directions on the widget below to enter. Tweeting about the giveaway (tagging Starbucks Canada and using the hashtag #StarbucksHoliDIY) counts for FIVE entries, while leaving a blog comment and following Starbucks Canada on Twitter each count for one entry. So you can earn a total of 7 entries by doing all of them! Just be sure to come back here and record your entries in the widget afterwards.
Winners will be chosen and notified by email on Friday, December 18th, 2015. You must be able to reply with your mailing address and phone number (for shipping purposes only) on Friday – 'cause we're on holidays after that!
This holiday season My Starbucks Rewards members will have the chance to win Starbucks for Life. 2 lucky Canadians will win this grand prize, but many more will also win Starbucks for a month or a week, or other bonus prizes. This is an exclusive contest – only for MSR members. So if you've already got a card – or if you win one of ours – be sure to register for My Starbucks Rewards asap!
This post sponsored by Starbucks. See more at Starbucks.ca/holidaycard.
Let's Hang Out!
Sign up for our newsletters to get the latest from Home Made Lovely! We'll brighten up your inbox with doable decorating ideas, crafts and DIY projects you can make and delish recipes for your family. Get it all delivered to your inbox, plus tips and tools for adding a little creativity to your life!