Do you love foaming hand soap, but hate the cost of buying it? After all, it’s just a little soap and some water, right? Sort of. Use our DIY Foaming Hand Soap recipe and learn how to make foaming hand soap with essential oils!
Our kids, even as teenagers, like and use foaming hand soap far more than regular hand soap. But, I don’t love paying for it. So, I use this DIY foaming hand soap recipe to make foaming hand soap with essential oils that we like.
- 1 foaming soap pump
- 2 tbsp castile soap, hand soap or dishwashing soap
- 12-15 drops preferred essential oils
- 1/2 -1 tsp almond, jojoba, grapeseed or olive oil, optional
- Fill soap dispenser about 3/4 of the way full with warm water.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of castile soap, hand soap or dishwashing soap into the empty soap container.
- Add almond, jojoba, grapeseed or olive oil, if using.
- Add a total of 12-15 drops of your choice of essential oils.
- Top with distilled water, twist the pump top on give it a good shake to get it nice and blended together.
Good Essential Oil Combinations for Hand Soap:
- Thieves (see how to make your own homemade Thieves essential oil in our post here)
- Frankincense and Orange