Just by swapping out a few décor pieces or adding this DIY faux floral arrangement with fake water you can completely transform your home for the fresh, new season.
Despite what the weather is doing here (blizzard anyone?), Spring is so close. Which means it's time for me to start making it look and feel like spring INSIDE our house! Just by swapping out a few décor pieces or adding this DIY faux floral arrangement with fake water you can completely transform your home for the fresh, new season.
Since I can only have so many fresh flowers in our house (because a certain puppy likes to eat them!), I've shopped Michaels for some pretty realistic faux flowers. Michaels new Floral Market has over 500 new blooms and freshly picked projects make this the prettiest spring ever.
DIY Faux Floral Arrangement with Water
- faux florals – mix and match or choose a bunch
- Quick Water (faux water solution)
- wire cutters
- plastic container
- something to protect tabletop (I used an old, ready-to-be-tossed cookie sheet)
1. Remove labels from vase and from faux florals. Discard.
2. Play around with your flowers until you have an arrangement you like.
3. Using wire cutters, trim stems to correct length for your chosen vase. Set aside carefully.
4. Mix Quick Water in plastic container, following directions on package.
5. Carefully pour into vase without splashing.
6. Place faux arrangement into vase. Make adjustments as necessary for balance and to ensure all the stems are in the “water”. Check arrangements from all angles to be sure you are happy with how it looks. You should have about an hour to make changes before the “water” begins to set.
7. Let sit still for 8-10 hours (again refer to package directions) for faux water to fully set.
And now you have a “fancy” DIY faux floral arrangement with water!
TIP: I think next time if I were to use such a large vase I would purchase two packages of Quick Water.
I love fresh flowers, but I always love to have a couple of realistic faux arrangements around too. What about you?
Let's Hang Out!
Sign up for our newsletters to get the latest from Home Made Lovely! We'll brighten up your inbox with doable decorating ideas, crafts and DIY projects you can make and delish recipes for your family. Get it all delivered to your inbox, plus tips and tools for adding a little creativity to your life!