How about a really fun and delicious dessert for Spring or St. Patrick’s Day? These Devil’s Food Cake Mint Whoopie Pies are easy to make and oh-so-yummy!
We don’t celebrate every holiday at our house. But sometimes a celebration is just what the doctor ordered! And with celebrations come food, like these Devil’s Food Cake and Mint Whoopie Pies that can be made on St. Patrick’s day (green mint) or anytime!
- 1 box Devil's Food cake mix
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 tub White Icing
- 1 Crushed Aero Mint Chocolate Bar
- Mix the Devil's Food Cake Mix according to the instructions on the box.
- Add 1 cup of flour to make the mixture a bit thicker. Mix well.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mix on a cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cool.
- Spread your desired amount of white icing on one side of the whoopie pie and then top with another whoopie pie.
- Chop up the crushed Aero mint chocolate bar and place on a plate.
- Roll the sides of the whoopie pies in it, making sure the candy sticks to the icing.
You could use a gluten free Devil's Food Cake mix too!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 386mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 3g
Have you ever made whoopie pies?