A delicious way to use up leftover cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. Cranberry Sauce Muffins make an excellent breakfast option.
These Cranberry Sauce Muffins make an excellent breakfast or snack option. Tastes divine when served warm with a pat of butter or more cranberry sauce and your favorite warm holiday beverage.
Cranberry Sauce Muffins
- 2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup of Sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon of Salt
- 1 cup of Whole Milk
- 1 Egg
- ¼ cup of Vegetable or Canola Oil
- 1 tablespoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup of Cranberry Sauce, homemade or store-bought
- ¼ cup of Dried Cranberries, finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line an 18 cup muffin tin with silicon liner or spray it generously with non-stick spray or olive oil.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt and mix well.
- Add the milk, egg, oil and vanilla extract. Mix it well with a wire whisk. The batter will be thick.
- Add the cranberry sauce and gently fold it in.
- Divide the batter among 18 muffin cups, filling it about ¾ of the cup.
- Sprinkle the chopped dried cranberries on top of each muffin (optional)
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes till the top is golden and a toothpick inserted in the middle, comes out clean.
- Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then finish cooling on wire rack.
- Tastes best when served warm with butter or more cranberry sauce.
Store the leftovers in the airtight container on the counter for 3 to 4 days, in the fridge for up to 15 days and in the freezer for about 1 to 2 months.
Don’t they look delicious? Plus you’ll know exactly what to do with that leftover cranberry sauce after the Holidays too!