Does your family have a favorite Christmas morning breakfast? Perhaps they’d to try like these Cranberry Banana Muffins this year? Or make them anytime!
These Cranberry Banana Muffins are filled fruit and delicious Christmasy flavors like cinnamon and orange zest. They’d make the perfect Christmas morning breakfast!
- 1 ½ cups of flour +2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 3 large ripe bananas
- ¾ cup of white sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup of butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of orange extract
- 1 cup of cranberries
Streusal Topping Ingredients:
- 2/3 cup of flour
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of orange zest
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 cup of powdered sugar, shifted
- 1 tablespoon of salted butter
- 2 teaspoons of orange extract
- 2-4 tablespoons of milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a medium bowl sift all dry ingredients together, minus 2 tablespoons of flour.
- In a large bowl mash bananas together. Once mashed add in sugar, vanilla, egg, orange extract and melted butter together.
- Slowly fold in dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl coat cranberries with flour.
- Add cranberries to muffin mixture and gently fold to cover.
- Put ¼ cup of muffin mix into a well-greased cupcake pan.
- Top muffins with an even layer of crumble and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until muffins are slightly golden brown and the center is cooked through.
- Remove muffins from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes (or until cool enough to safely transfer to a cooling rack). Once cooled to the touch, transfer to a cooling rack and allow to sit for 10 minutes before drizzling glaze over each muffin evenly. Serve.
- (Makes 12 muffins)
- Add all ingredients into a bowl, and for best results, use clean dry hands to gently mix ingredients together and only mix until mixture becomes crumbly (DO NOT OVER MIX).
- In a bowl add in sugar, butter, and extract. Whisk together and slowly add in milk, little by little until you reach desired consistency (for these muffins, you want it on the thicker side).
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 313Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 333mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 2gSugar: 30gProtein: 4g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily via Nutrifox.
More Christmas Morning Breakfast Ideas
If you need a few more Christmas morning breakfast recipes, make sure you visit my blog friends. They’re all sharing yummy breakfasts today too!
Christmas Morning Smoothie by Alex of Northstory
Cinnamon Christmas Breakfast Wreath by Christina of The DIY Mommy
Overnight Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole by Jo-Anna of A Pretty Life
Eggnog Brioche French Toast Bake Recipe by Janella of Ma Belle Vie
Breakfast Toast Bar by Brittany of My Daily Randomness
Pomegranate Cranberry Mimosas by Krista of Happy Housie
Christmas Morning Cinnamon Buns by Ashlea of This Mamas Dance
Christmas Apple Cranberry Cobbler by Robin of Frugal Family Times
Candy Cane French Toast Kabobs by Jenn of Clean & Scentsible
Swedish Tea Ring by Rita of Harbour Breeze Home
Cranberry Banana Muffins by Shannon of Home Made Lovely
Breakfast Enchiladas by Tara of Suburble
Cranberry Pear French Toast with Vanilla Cream Sauce by Kendra of Joy In Our Home
Christmas Morning Breakfast Quiche by Sara of The Project Pile