Have you read the brand new book all about home, Home Made Lovely?

Country Living Christmas Home Tour

Join us for our Country Living Christmas Home Tour! We’re sharing our rustic little house in the suburbs all dressed up for Christmas!

Hello sweet Friends. We are so ECSTATIC that you’re here today! Earlier this week, we shared our first Christmas home tour of 2015 and mentioned that we’d be back today with our second Christmas home tour hosted by none other than Country Living and the ever-sweet Ashley of Cherished Bliss.

Country Living Home Made Lovely Christmas Home Tour

Please come in.

The Entryway

We recently freshened up our front entry bench by painting it in a classic black (Coal Black by Fusion Mineral Paints) and adding a new light fixture. After almost three years of searching and pondering which light to buy, we found this one at Home Depot while we were there looking for something completely unrelated to lighting. Go figure!

Home Made Lovely black and white entryway

black and white entry

Honestly the entryway is normally FULL of shoes and coats. It stayed like this for quite literally five minutes before it was a mess again. #ILoveMyFamily

AKA DESIGN entryway holiday decor

I would really love to replace the brown/beige tiles with really large gray (maybe slate?) tiles. But don’t tell Dean that just yet – he’s not a big fan of tiling floors!

Shop the entryway look:

[show_shopthepost_widget id=”2840052″]

COZY AND BEAUTIFUL THE STEP-BY-STEP, HOW TO DECORATE HANDBOOK FOR NON-DECORATORS.​

The Master Bedroom

Now, we’re going to skip over the rest of the main floor for a moment and go straight up to our master bedroom. (You’ll see why in a sec.)

This room usually gets a bit more of a Christmas touch, but I was working with what we had and very little time. Thankfully it doesn’t take too much to add a little festivity to a space. Just a sign, some antlers, mini trees or a pillow will do it.

Also we recently moved our treadmill up there, so the rest of the room is rather a mess with piles of things all over. Which is okay, because we’re not hosting Christmas this year, so no one else has to sleep in there but us. (Our parents take over our room when they visit since we don’t have a guest room.)

Home Made Lovely master bedroom Christmas 2015

Don’t mind the yellow knobs. We typically have yellow as an accent color in here, with pillows and flowers, etc. I am thinking of changing them out for maybe crystal knobs in the new year. What do you think?

aka design master bedroom christmas touches

Shop our master bedroom look:

[show_shopthepost_widget id=”2840062″]

And now for the main floor.

Comments

1. Carrie says

Hello,

What color paint did you use for your entry way? That is the exact shade I am looking for. I love your entry way. I had a vision something like that and its perfect.

• Shannon says

Part of the entryway is Fusion Mineral Paint in Champlain, part is Sherwin Williams Bungalow Beige (the part by the door was painted that color when we moved in).

2. Donna says

Hi, thank you for sharing your beautiful home! Do you happen to know the brand or name of your entry light fixture from Home Depot? I have been looking for what seems like forever for a mudroom light and just love this one. Thanks for any info you may have.

3. Brittany says

Where did are your couches from? It appears they are different (the ones in the 2015 Christmas home tour) than the IKEA Ektorp ones.
    Thanks!

• Shannon says

That’s true. The one’s in this tour were hand me downs from a friend that didn’t work in our space for our family when we switched the living room and dining room early in 2016.

4. Alicia Davis says

Hi! I was wondering if you could tell me where your chandelier is from that is hanging over the coffee table?! Thanks!

Alicia

5. Dorene Greene says

Hello I need that Squirrel Pillow… Where did you get it! We just bought a cabin and the squirrels are taking over, my husband would think if funny if I started putting them in the cabin. : )

6. Brandy says

Hi! I love your grey entryway door, can you share the paint color with me!
    Beautiful home you have, thank you for sharing!

7. Sheri says

Hi Shannon! Ok, it’s official…I’m absolutely in love with your designs!!! I would love to have you help me to design my home around your design style. It’s such a warm, homey style, but yet so extremely stylish at the same time!! What is the best place to start to transition my style into a similar one to yours? Help!!! I’ve just looked through all of the Christmas photos, and this really capped it off for me!! This is exactly what I have in mind. I love your style during the rest of the year, and the changes/additions for the holidays really makes it special! I’d appreciate any hints on how to transition from what I have to the style you share with us each week! Thanks so much!!

• Shannon says

Hi Sheri. Thank you for the lovely comment. I don’t know your house or your style, but I’d start by decluttering. Remove all the stuff that doesn’t fit with what you’d like to have in your spaces going forward.

8. Donna Richards says

Thank you Shannon for sharing your feelings about feeling guilty for what God has allowed you have. I too have felt the same way through out the process of bldg. our new home this year. I feel Embarrassed. I just don’t want people to feel less fortunate. I don’t talk about it unless someone ask and even then I just say it’s coming together. A sermon our pastor preached was on, “It’s not about what we have, but what we do with it”. I share my talents and gifts with the church family. I decorate of all occasions. Weddings, baby showers, all holidays and other special events. I love pretty things and I enjoy making others feel Special and Happy.
    Once a year, we do a Prayer Cottage in Jan. which 5 families host. We gather together each day in one of the 5 host homes for a week and pray for our country, president, our community, other churches etc. I’m one of the host and I can’t even express the Blessing I get out of this and to know my home has been bathed in prayer, WOW! I’m questioning myself weather to host this year because of the Guilt! We are Blessed! God blesses faithful,loving and hard workers. I know that God can use us to show others they too can have blessings if we give Him the Glory, Stay faithful, and give of our Time, Talents and Treasures. Have an Awesome Day!!! PS: I love your hook line “Hello Beautiful” It makes me feel special and start my day on a positive note. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

• Shannon says

Oh Donna. Continue to let God work in you. Don’t let the guilt control the things you do. Use your home and talents because you feel loved and want to share that, not because you feel guilty! xoxoxoxo