Everyone loves a cup of hot cocoa in the middle of winter. This recipe for coconut rum hot cocoa is sure to warm up your winter evenings!
For us grown ups, sometimes it’s fun to add something a little extra to our hot chocolate, right? This recipe for coconut rum hot cocoa is sure to warm up your winter evenings!
You can even make this hot cocoa dairy free! Just swap out the milk, cream, chocolate chips and whipped cream for dairy free versions. Enjoy Life makes delicious dairy free chocolate chips and there are even coconut whipped cream options out there now too!
- 2 cups milk of choice
- 2 cups half and half or non-dairy creamer
- 1/2 bag chocolate chips, (use non-dairy chocolate chips if needed)
- 1.5 oz Malibu rum
- crushed toasted coconut, whipped Cream, and a cherry for garnish, optional
- In a large pot, on medium heat add milk, half & half and heat until hot but not boiling.
- Add chocolate chips and stir until completely melted.
- Add the liquor.
- Stir well.
- Top with whipped cream toasted coconut and a cherry.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 413Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 203mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 3gSugar: 24gProtein: 9g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily via Nutrifox.
Stir, sip and enjoy.
More Hot Chocolate Recipes
If you like this recipe, you can see more of our hot chocolate recipe variations:
- Butterscotch Hot Chocolate
- Orange Hot Chocolate
- Coconut Rum Hot Cocoa (you are here)
- Thin Mint Hot Chocolate
- And for fun, why not add these Hot Chocolate Pretzel Sticks to your hot chocolate?!
- And learn how to make your own holiday hot chocolate bar here.