This post contains affiliate links & photos. See our full disclosure here.
In this post: Make your own DIY Chalkboard Embroidery Hoop with plain old embroidery hoops and a piece of chalk cloth!
Can you name two things that are popular in craft and DIY projects right now? Go ahead. I’ll wait. Okay. Time’s up! How about chalkboards and embroidery hoops! Yup. And I’ve combined them both in this simple little chalkboard embroidery hoop project.
1. Trace the inside embroidery hoop circle onto the back side of chalk cloth.
2. Cut circle 1″ bigger than traced circle.
3. Fit chalk cloth into embroidery hoop and tighten. This may be a bit of a struggle because chalk cloth is pretty thick!
4. Optional. Glue excess chalk cloth to back of hoop if desired.
5. Season chalk cloth with chalk and hang with string!
How fun would these be at a party to as food labels or at a birthday for words of encouragement to the birthday boy or girl. You could also use those colorful plastic embroidery hoops for a pop of color in a child’s room!
More Embroidery Hoop Projects
- Floral Boho Spring Hoop Wreath
- Be Thankful Embroidery Hoop Art
- Embroidery Hoop Orbs
- Quick Antler Embroidery Hoop Art
- Snowflake Embroidery Hoops
- Embroidery Hoop Rag Wreath
- DIY Merry Christmas Embroidery Hoop Wreath Set
- 6 Fun and Easy Holiday Embroidery Hoop Ideas