Want a Spring/Easter dessert that fits the season – without being over the top? Here’s our take on delicious carrot cupcakes with cream cheese icing!
I’m right there with you, looking for a Spring/Easter dessert that is perfectly suited to the season, but isn’t over the top hard or crazy colorful. Well, these carrot cupcakes with cream cheese icing (that can be substituted for other icing or made with non-dairy cream cheese) are just thing thing!
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1/8 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup grated carrots
For cream cheese frosting:
- ½ cup + powdered sugar
- ½ package cream cheese, (room temp)
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- Whisk eggs, vanilla, sugar and oil together until combined.
- Gradually add flour, baking powder and cinnamon to wet ingredients.
- Fold in carrots.
- Pour mixture into 6 cupcake liners. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 mins.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla and blend until smooth. For thicker texture, add more powdered sugar a little at a time.
- Pipe onto cupcakes.
- Garnish with shredded carrot and/ or a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Can substitute non-dairy cream cheese in the icing.
Looking for a different sort of cupcake? Try our Pumpkin Cupcake Mason Jar Trifle recipe!