This easy to make hot chocolate with butterscotch is rich and delicious…and perfect for cozying up by the fire on cold winter nights!
Butterscotch is my absolute favorite flavor. For real. I would choose butterscotch over chocolate any day. Or fudge, fudge is good too. Anyway, we can talk about fudge another day. Right now, we’re talking hot chocolate. Butterscotch hot chocolate specifically. With this Butterscotch Hot Chocolate recipe, I don’t have to choose chocolate or butterscotch because I can have both!
A perfect drink to curl up with by the fire on a cold winter’s day, this hot chocolate recipe uses only three ingredients that are easily on hand in most kitchens…and it can be made in just a few minutes!
- 2 C. Milk
- ½- ¾ C. Butterscotch chips
- 2 tbsp Cocoa powder
- Add milk and butterscotch chips to a pot over medium heat.
- Use a whisk to add in cocoa powder.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Serve in a mug with whipped cream or marshmallows and garnish crushed butterscotch hard candies or butterscotch chips.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 156mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 10g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily via Nutrifox.
…and a few extra butterscotch chips if you’d like.
Then, just sip and enjoy.
Mmm. That’s delicious!
More Hot Chocolate Recipes
If you like this recipe, you can see more of our hot chocolate recipe variations:
- Butterscotch Hot Chocolate (you are here)
- Orange Hot Chocolate
- Coconut Rum Hot Cocoa
- Thin Mint Hot Chocolate
- And for fun, why not add these Hot Chocolate Pretzel Sticks to your hot chocolate?!
- And learn how to make your own holiday hot chocolate bar here.