Make these cute little blueberry flower tarts with the kids or for a summer picnic!
We’re back with another blueberry recipe (July is National Blueberry Month)! This time we’re sharing Blueberry Flower Tarts. Aren’t they so adorable! They are perfect for spring brunches, baby showers, picnics, or as Easter basket stuffers. And they come together pretty quickly too. It is also a fun activity to do with the kids during the spring or summer break too.
- 1 roll of Refrigerated Pie Crust
- 1 tablespoon of melted Butter
- 1 ½ cups of Blueberries
- ½ cup of Sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Butter
- 1 teaspoon of Cornstarch + 2 teaspoon of water
- 1 teaspoon of Lemon Zest
- 1 tablespoon of Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoon of Water
- ¼ cup of Whipped Topping
- Fresh Blueberries and Mint Leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Unroll the pie dough onto a well-floured surface. Using a ‘Flower’ cookie cutter, cut out as many flower shapes as possible. Using a rolling-pin, roll out the scraps and continue to cut out ‘flower’ shapes until the dough runs out. We got 18 ‘Flowers’.
- Press each ‘flower’ into a greased mini muffin pan. Press the base down into the bottom well and gently fold the petals back around the top of the muffin pan, to crate the ‘flower’ shape.
- Poke the bottom and sides of the ‘flowers’ with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Keep aside to cool.
Blueberry Pie Filling
- Combine the blueberries, water, sugar, lemon zest and butter in a sauce pan can bring it to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until berries start to break down.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch with 2 teaspoons water. Add the slurry to the berry mixture and keep stirring till the mixture thickens. Take it off the heat and stir in the lemon juice. Keep aside to cool.
- Once the ‘Flower’ tart shell cools, fill each shell with about 1 tablespoon of the blueberry pie filling.
- Garnish with a dollop of whipped topping, fresh berries and a sliver of mint leaves. (Optional)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 92 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 3mg Sodium: 59mg Carbohydrates: 13g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 7g Protein: 1g
Have you ever made little blueberry flower tarts?