We are all looking for ways to save money. What if I told you it was possible without the pain? Here are 5 ways to save money without the sting.
Everyone is looking for ways to save money. Rich people, poor people and everyone in between. What if I told you it was possible – without the sting? Of course you would be interested! To help you keep your money in your wallet, I’ve come up with a list of painless ways to save extra money.
5 Painless Ways to Save Extra Money
1. Set a maximum account balance. Determine a maximum amount to keep in your checking account. This amount should be just about the amount you need for your monthly bills, with a little left over. Anything about this threshold should automatically be transferred to your savings account.
2. Don’t save your credit card information online. This not only protects you from online hacks, but can also save you money. Those few minutes it takes you to pull out your wallet and enter your information will give you time to assess whether this is an item you really need.
3. Take a moment before checkout. Whether it’s in real life or online, take a moment to assess whether this is something you need (and have a place for) or is it an impulse purchase, as those can really add up.
4. Shop around for pricing. Wireless providers, cable companies, and insurance companies often change their offers so it is wise to periodically negotiate for a better deal. If they can’t make a better deal, then it might be time to start checking out competitors.
5. Put away money you won’t miss. Set up an automatic withdrawal from your checking account every payday. This will ensure the money is safely saved away before you can accidentally use it.
Saving money doesn’t have to be painful, especially when you get into money-saving habits that end up lasting a lifetime.
What are your favorite painless ways to save money?
Let's Hang Out!
Sign up for our newsletters to get the latest from Home Made Lovely! We'll brighten up your inbox with doable decorating ideas, crafts and DIY projects you can make and delish recipes for your family. Get it all delivered to your inbox, plus tips and tools for adding a little creativity to your life!