This post contains affiliate links & photos. See our full disclosure here.
In this post: Summer is the perfect time to throw a get together – take a look at how to style a bar cart for a farmhouse, cottage or Scandinavian home!
Summer is the perfect time to throw a last minute indoor or outdoor shindig. Whether you want to stay cool in the shade, lounge by the pool or hide out in the air conditioning, keeping a stocked and pretty bar cart will make the party all the more fun! So pour yourself an iced tea and take a look at how to style a bar cart for a Farmhouse, Cottage or Scandinavian home in the summer!
3 Summery Ways to Style a Bar Cart
Whether you’re in the market for a new bar cart, or you’ve thrifted one like we did a while back, these summery bar cart styling tips will help you host like a pro this year!
01 | A Summery Farmhouse Bar Cart
Here’s how to style a bar cart with a farmhouse style flair:
- Hang the antler art on the wall just behind the bar cart, with the magnolia wreath perhaps centered on top of the two frames.
- Place the Cheers Bucket on the bottom shelf, filled with ice and your favorite bevvies.
- Put the tiered tray on the top shelf filled with stir stick and straws and other bar cart necessities.
- The Beverage Dispenser can also go on the top shelf for easy access.
- Stack napkins and line up glasses on one of the shelves too!
Farmhouse Bar Cart ($220) | Rustic Farmhouse Drinking Tub ($45) | Moscow Mule Copper Mugs ($17-50) | Tiered Tray ($123) | Framed Antler Art ($27 print each, $20 Frame) | Magnolia Wreath ($98) | Beverage Dispenser ($105) | Rose Gold Striped Straws ($2-9) | Check Napkins ($22)
02 | A Summery Cottage Bar Cart
Here’s how to make your bar cart look a little bit cottage-y:
- Put the flowers, framed art and a couple of rows of glasses on the top shelf.
- Put the nicely folded napkins, ice bucket and some more glasses or bottled refreshments on the bottom shelf.
- Place the floor basket underneath the bottom shelf, fill it with anything extra that doesn’t fit or isn’t so pretty!
Cottage Bar Cart ($334) | Faux Florals ($25-100) | Light Blue Striped Napkins ($48) | Classic Highball Glasses ($30) | Beach Please Tea Towels ($16) | Floor Basket ($115) | Ice Bucket ($46) | White Wash Picture Frame ($30)
03 | A Summery Scandinavian Bar Cart
And if you love that Scandi vibe, here’s how to style your bar cart the Scandinavian way:
- Place the bar cart on the faux sheepskin rug.
- Hang the art over the bar cart (with the bottom about 6 inches above the top rail of the cart).
- String the wood bead and tassel garland across either the top of the framed art or across the front of the top shelf rail on the bar cart.
- Put candles in the candelabra and then set it on the top shelf to one side.
- Place the ice bucket and glasses next to the candelabra.
- Stack the birch logs on the bottom shelf next to some bottled beverages.
Gold Bar Cart ($200-1000) | Candelabra ($20-100) | Faux Sheepskin Rug ($30) | Why Hello Art Downlaod ($7) | Wood Bead & Tassel Garland ($18) | White Taper Candles ( $9-28) | Gold Striped Ice Bucket ( $104) | Gold Dot Glasses ($10-24) | Faux Birch Logs ($58)
Do you have a bar cart? Have you decorated it for summer? What did you put on it? Which of the three styles above is your bar cart style? Or do you have a different look you love?