This post contains affiliate links & photos. See our full disclosure here.
In this post: Here are 24 Christ-centered Christmas activities to help you focus on Him this year! Use this as a daily activity leading up to Christmas or however else you’d like.
Christmas is all about joy, service, and love. It is about getting together as a family and enjoying the wonderful holiday spirit. But most importantly, it is about Christ and everything he has done for us. Here are 24 Christ-centered Christmas activities to help you focus on Him this year! Use this as a daily activity during advent leading up to Christmas or however else you’d like.
24 Christ-Centered Activities
Christmas can be difficult either because of past year’s experiences or because of what’s going on this year in your life. But if you focus on the real and true meaning of the season, God will meet you where you’re at and help you to remember His grace and His presence.
1. Carol to neighbors or senior citizen homes
Senior citizens living in assisted living homes do not have many visitors. To help them feel loved, noticed, and appreciated this year, go caroling and visit with them! Check with your local home before you go though…they still may not be allowing guests for the health of their residents.
You can also carol to your neighbors and sing Christmas songs about Christ.
2. Set up the nativity or a nativity craft
Set up a nativity scene in your home so you can always remember Christ as you walk by it. Here are a few nativity sets that I love:
- Willow Tree Nativity, Sculpted Hand-Painted Nativity Figures
- burton+BURTON 12 Piece Nativity Set, A King is Born Scene
- Nativity Scene with LED String Lights
If you have young children in your home, create your own, or do another fun nativity craft. When our kids were little we had a wooden nativity that they could play with. Here are a few options:
- Fisher-price Little People Christmas Story
- JOYIN 14 PCS Christmas Little Nativity Playset, Reenact Miniature Toys Nativity Set
- One Holiday Way 8-Inch Medium Rustic White Kids Christmas Nativity Scene with Creche
3. Read about Christ’s birth with your family
In the New Testament, there are various chapters all sharing about Christ’s birth. Read through one of them with your family leading up to Christmas day! Here are a few kids’ books about the birth of Jesus:
- The Advent Storybook: 25 Bible Stories Showing Why Jesus Came
- The Nativity Story for Children Directly from the Bible
- The Good News of Christmas: Celebrating the Glory of Christ’s Birth Story
4. Bake cookies and drop them off to a friend
Bake some delicious Christmas cookies and then drop them off to your friends. You can ding-dong ditch them for a Christmas surprise, or stop and visit with them as well.
5. Smile at a stranger today
Strangers need love and joy during the holiday season. Christ would want everyone to feel loved, so smile and notice everyone today while you are out and about. You never know who may need your sweet smile today!
6. Write down everything you’re grateful for
Christ lived his life being grateful for everything and shared his gratitude with his father. Write down everything you are thankful for. Pray and share that gratitude with God today too!
Related: 30+ Gratitude Journal Prompts You Should Try Today!
7. Give a gift or two to a family in need
You never know who is needing extra help this year during Christmas. If you see someone struggling to get presents for their children, try doing a secret Santa. Or, simply share a gift to someone you are thinking about today, no matter how small.
8. Give to a charity you admire
Find and donate some money to a charity you love. Give to one you may not have thought of before or one you know is needing extra help right now.
9. Share about Christ on social media
Share about Christ on your social media today! You can simply share a picture or share all about what Christ has done for you. Just be sure to keep the tone loving and caring and non-judgmental. It’s not our job to judge, but to love.
10. Pray for someone in need of help
Jesus prayed for others all the time, and so should you! Today, think about the people in your life who need extra prayers, and then simply pray for them!
11. Text someone how much you love them
Sometimes we all need a random text for someone to brighten our day. Text someone you haven’t talked to in a while to simply share your love for them.
12. Go to church or worship about Christ
Try to attend church today or within the next week and get involved in worshipping Christ and all He has done for you!
13. Post a picture of Christ on social media
Post your favorite imagery of Christ today on social media. You never know who needs to see Him today and feel His love for them.
14. Visit an elderly friend or widow
If you know of someone who is older and not in a nursing home, go and visit them! They will love this unexpected visit as you bring the holiday cheer with you!
15. Pay for the person in front of you today
Do another random act of kindness today as you pay for the person in front of you! This could be at the grocery store, getting coffee, or any other time. You never know how much they will appreciate it!
16. Visit a live nativity scene or create your own
So many cities will put on a live nativity scene. If there is one close to you, go visit it and enjoy this unique holiday tradition. If you have younger kids, try creating your own!
17. Write or sing a song about Christ
If you are feeling creative, write a song about Christ! Or, you can always listen to and sing your favorite song that talks about Him as well.
18. Give 5 hugs to people you see today
Hugs do more than you realize. Try to find 5 people to give hugs to today. See how many more you can find after doing the first five! Be sure each person is open to hugs and good with that though. It’s not very caring to force it on someone!
19. Volunteer at a food bank or donate food
Food banks are always so packed this time of the year, and the food supply is limited. Try taking some time to volunteer at the food bank. If you are limited on time, simply get some food to donate!
20. Find someone you can serve today
Think about someone in need you know of today. Then, find ways to serve them as Jesus would!
21. Listen to Christmas music about Christ
Music is always so uplifting and inspiring, especially songs about Christ. Find all the Christmas songs that focus on Christ and listen to them all day long.
22. Write down all Christ has done for you
As you focus on Christ this time of the year, take some time to ponder all that He has done for you. Then write everything down so you can look back and remember during your hard times.
23. Tell someone how much Jesus loves them
Not many people know how much Christ loves them. Share His love for someone you know needs it today!
24. Share your testimony about how you became a Christian and what God has done for you
Today, share your testimony about Christ. This can be on social media, with your family or friends, or with someone you know is struggling. This is one of the best Christ-centered activities you can do!
These Christ-centered Christmas activities will help you and your family draw closer to Christ this holiday season. Share with your friends so you all can have a more joyful Christmas this year!